Wednesday, July 2, 2008

CURSING

I hate, hate, hate...yes hate that stupid, asinine, worthless flashing cursor that mocks a writer with writers block!

For the past several weeks it has sat there just winking away at me, taunting me in its own form of satanic morse code. It makes no difference if its doing its evil work on my Compaq laptop, the family HP or the no name piece of crap that work supplies me with. It sits there just flashing on and off, on and off, on and off. Poking me, metaphorically speaking, in the ribs, like the school bully "Come on, write something, make me move! You can't can you! Yah bloody useless!"

Guy De Maupassant once said "Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare." Well Monsieur De Maupassant a white page with a flashing cursor will drive a man to drink.

The ironic thing is that cursor, in latin, means runner. I can't even get mine to jog!

6 comments:

Linda said...

I am so honored... first comment to stain this white page. Oh, and the cursor's cursing at me, too. Love your fave words, too.

You're kinda cute for an Aussie, wink-wink! Peace, Linda

Kelley said...

damnnit. Linda beat me.

*sigh*

sometimes a sledgehammer fixes though pesky cursors.

probably not a good solution in this case, though. I always find chocolate helps. Maybe not in unsticking the writer's block-but certainly in making me feel better about it all. You wouldn't happen to have any chocolate, would you?

Kelley said...

um, did he just write that he dances?

Stephen said...

I do dance! Badly!

Mags said...

Look at you with a face and eyeballs and everything! Hi, Stephen with eyeballs!

Blog some more, now!

MJ said...

Hey Stephen, I'm posting your blog on my blog, if that's okay. It's nice to see you! MJ