Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good Grief, Charlie Brown!

Well good grief, it's been seven months since I have written anything on my blog. So the chances of anyone reading this are pretty damn slim!


My writing has been pretty thin on the ground over the past few months as writers block continues to be a problem. Although it may not be writers block, it could just be my hypercritical analysis of my own work. Everything I write seems to be as trite and worthless as Snoopy's "It was a dark and stormy night..." Here are just some tasty "gems" for your enjoyment:


The bees droned above our heads. Flitting in and about the heavy, white, Wisteria flowers that hung like stalactites from my sister’s patio.


For a long time I ignored my neighbours. I did not attend building management committee meetings or engage in idle gossip in the elevators.


The neon beer sign was a garish red and white that drew Stone's dark face into a number of sharp angled features.


As my hero Snoopy says...Good writing is hard work. Well so is bad writing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People have been wondering where you are....and very likely they will be reading what you write!!!

By the way, I for one would like to read what comes after your tasty "gems".....

I think you ought to tell your inner critic to get lost......

Anonymous said...

oops, I didn't sign my name ...the last comment was from
Ethel :)

Anonymous said...

Pleased that you are blogging again, I for one will check in often.
That damn inner critic is such a pest, some days I just can't get rid of him. Gillian