Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Licking Cate


Each year Australian Post release a set of stamps to celebrate Australia Day. This years set of stamps features our recent Academy Award winners....Geoffrey Rush, Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe (Apparently the Kiwis are a bit upset about Australia claiming Russell). There are a few people around who have had their noses pout out of joint by these four being honoured in such a way (especially seeing they are all getting 24 carat gold replica of the stamps.)
Personally I quite like the stamps but for me Cate Blanchett continues to do it for me no end. Back in December she got a star on the walk of fame in Hollywood and said "I thought I'd be outside the men's urinals like five miles from here, but I'm outside the Egyptian which is also incredible to me."
Now with the stamp she has quipped again ""I am utterly, deeply humbled and chuffed by the fact that I'm a stamp," Blanchett said in a statement.
"I'm going to be licked by millions of Australians and I can't wait.
Well I for one can't wait either Cate! Such a pity we dont have to lick our stamps anymore.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to enjoy licking Cate aren't you? Gillian

Stephen said...

Gillian,

Damn right Im going to enjoy it! And I think Cate would too.

Stephen