Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Unappreciated Humour.

My mother in law is currently in hospital. There is a problem with her blood and iron count so she has been receiving a number of transfusions. The wife and I were visiting her on Monday when the nurse came in to start a new bag of blood....

Nurse to my mother in law: "Well Mrs Webster the Doctor tells me that you have the heart of a thirty year old."


Me in an attempt to bring a bit of levity to the situation: "Thats funny. I have the body of a nineteen year old...(pause) Yeah its in the boot of the car. Dont want to give me a hand to bury it do you?"


Nurse fixing me with a cold gaze: "You are a sick man."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your mother in-law is able to go home soon.

Too bad the nurse didn't appreciate your humor. Come back and share it with all of us. You have been missed!

Ethel

Anonymous said...

That nurse really needs to get a sense of humour and hope that mom-in-law is doing o.k. Gillian